Sell Your Car Today
Sell Your Car Today
107 OFFERS PER CAR
How do car trade-ins work?
Ready to buy a new car but first need to sell
your second-hand vehicle?
A trade-in at the dealership where your new car of choice awaits seems a logical and hassle-free option. And whatever the reason for selling your car, it can be very tempting for a dealer to take it off your hands.
But is trading in your car all it is made out to be?
Let’s find out.
How do car trade-ins work in South Africa?
- You have seen a new/second-hand car you want at a local dealership.
- You decide to trade in your second-hand car by accepting the dealer’s trade-in offer. You then apply that price as a credit towards the purchase of the new car you have your heart set on from the dealer. (You may not always need to pay in, but it is generally the scenario).
- The dealer sorts out all the paperwork to buy your car and sell a new car to you. Deal done.
Is this really the best way to sell a car and buy a new one?
Pros of trading in your car:
- Logistics are simple and the deal is generally done within a few days if all your paperwork is in order.
- You are guaranteed a price for your car which you can then put towards the new car you are buying.
- All the paperwork is handled by the dealership in question.
Cons of trading in your car:
- Besides the car you want to buy, you are not in control of the process.
- You have no negotiating power or leverage.
- You are emotionally committed to the new car so you are inclined to sell for what you can get to ensure the deal goes through.
- You get one indicative trade-in value/offer from the sales executive for your second-hand car and it is a matter of “take it or leave it.”
- If you do “leave it,” you then have to start the process all over again at another dealership.
Why Weelee is the better way to sell your car:
- At Weelee you don’t just get 1 dealer, you get 1000s of pre-approved, reputable and vetted Weelee dealers who will bid on your car over 24-hours.
- This competitive online bidding process pushes up the value of your car, generally outstripping the market value and trade-in value of your car.
- You are in control of the entire process and can walk away at any moment, obligation-free.
- Uploading your car on our innovative online platform is super-easy – you can do it from anywhere, anytime.
- You are assigned a personal Weelee consultant who is on hand throughout the process.
- Our encryption technology ensures absolute online privacy and security.
- Only once you have accepted a bid will you need to take your car to arrange to take your car to that dealer of choice, who will then sort out all the paperwork.
- Because you are guaranteed the best deal possible when you Weelee it, you have extra cash to walk into any car dealership and buy the car you want.
- It’s a win-win solution!
BEST CASH PRICE
Our innovative bidding platform utilises thousands of preapproved dealers to compete for your vehicle so you always get the best possible deal.
SAFE & SECURE
QUICK & EASY
From upload to offer, our easy-to-use website ensures a quick, simple and hassle-free experience.
CARS SOLD ON WEELEE
South Africa loves Weelee.
Check out our
Check out our customer reviews.
Through our innovative bidding platform, 1000’s of pre-approved dealers fight it out to give you the highest possible offer. This is unlike the traditional car sales method where only one buyer gives you a single offer.
It’s simple. Complete our quick, obligation-free online application form above. One of our expert consultants will then be in contact with you. Your car will then be loaded onto our innovative bidding platform where 1000’s of dealers will bid on your car – ensuring you receive the best cash price. Once you accept the offer, our certified dealer will then arrange an appointment with you to inspect your car to ensure it matches your profile. Remember, all offers are subject to inspection. After inspection, all necessary paperwork will be completed, fast payment will be arranged, and the sale concluded.
- Vehicle details and mileage.
- Good quality exterior photos of your car (front, back, left side, right side).
- Full description of the vehicle’s condition, including tyres, bodywork and service history.
You will receive a WhatsApp within 1 hour of application. Your personal sales consultant will also be in touch via phone call within 2 hours of application during business operating hours.
At Weelee, we value your privacy and place great importance on information security.
- We only disclose your information to the specific dealer once you accept the offer and grant us permission to put you in contact with our dealer.
- We also blur all vehicle registration number plates and/or any other personal information that might be visible on the uploaded pictures.